Portfolio

For those interested in simply viewing a portfolio of my work it is now located on the home page; http://www.sbalaniphotography.com

Monday, July 27, 2009

Scott Kelby 2009 Photowalk

Version Española abajo


Hey Guys! Thanks to all who voted on my images in the SK Photo walk to help me choose which to submit! Its very much appreciated! For those who are Interested the Images I posted up are the following two.

Now for a little information on the photowalk. As many of you know Scott Kelby (The Photoshop Messiah), began organising this yearly worldwide event last year to which I was not able to take part in due to the lack of time and resources available to me at the time (Travelling is not particularly a great time to organise oneself for a photowalk like this). However this year with the prior knowledge that I would be in the Philippines I already began looking ahead of time at which groups I could sign up with. However I did this a little late and was limited to which groups I could join with. I ended up joining one which was touring one of the many Manila Malls, Greenbelt. To be honest I was initially dissapointed that this was the only group I could attend, however it turned out to be more of a promising photo-walk than I had Imagined. I'd visited the mall but never as a photographer, and running around with a camera shots just kept jumping out at me. Had it not been for jet lag tiredness and the dropping light and my lack of an easy to use flash system and tripod I could have spent another few hours roaming and shooting. The rain made it especially interesting as for the longest time i've been wanting to shoot post rain Images of subjects with droplets and puddles and whatnot, but strangely enough I didnt get that many oportunities whilst in London (fancy that) although that may have been due to the lack of grenery which is what photographs exceptionally well after or during rain.


Español
Hola Gente! Gracias a todos vosotros los que votasteis mis mejores imagenes para el SK PhotoWalk. Para aquellos que esteis interesados en saber cuales son las imagenes que elegí para el concurso, son las siguientes dos:

Ahora, un poco de información sobre el PhotoWalk: como muchos de vosotros sabreis, Scott Kelby (el mesias del Photoshop), empezó organizando este evento mundial el año pasado al que no pude asistir debido a la falta de tiempo y recursos en ese momento (al estar viajando, no era el mejor momento para organizar un PhotoWalk de este tipo). De todas formas, este año, sabiendo que iba a estar en Filipinas ya empecé a ver en que grupos podía apuntarme. Acabé apuntándome al grupo que hacia los tours por uno de los centros comerciales de Manila, Greenbelt. Sinceramente, al principio estaba un poco decepcionado ya que este era el único grupo al que me podía unir, sin embargo, resultó ser mejor de lo que me había imaginado. Ya había visitado este centro comercial, pero nunca como fotógrafo. Si no hubiese sido por el cansancio del viaje y del jet-lag, la luz y mi falta de experiencia para usar el sistema del flash y el tripode, podria haber estado un par de horas más sacando fotos. La lluvia hizo que fuese más interesante ya que desde hace un tiempo he querido fotografiar imagenes post-lluvia, temas con las gotas de lluvia, etc.. aunque suene extraño, no tuve estas oportunidades en Londres aunque puede ser porque allí no hay tanto "verdor" que es lo que los fotógrafos suelen buscar después de un día lluvioso.


Manila SC Photowalk-32

Manila SC Photowalk-1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading you site, Your site is very useful for me .I bookmarked your site!
I am been engaged 10 years on the 12 battery If you have some questions, please get in touch with me.