Portfolio

For those interested in simply viewing a portfolio of my work it is now located on the home page; http://www.sbalaniphotography.com

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Kyoto (Japan)

Kyoto! Japan's Ancient Capital! Its certainly a sight! Before Tokyo (Previously named Edo) Became the modern capital of Japan, Kyoto was the government center of Japan. And it doesnt dissapoint. Graciously restored/mantained Kyoto continues to preserve much of its ancient heritage with many of the streets and houses unchanged since the days of the Tokugawa Era (If I'm not mistaken) or earlier! Going thru the streets one can easily Imagine them several hundreds of years ago with Samurai and Geiko/Geisha roaming the streets (Of which Geiko & Geisha still do!). Alas spending only one night in the old district in an ancient ryokan was little more than a tease of what old Kyoto had to offer photographically as the rest of our trip was spent on the more modern side near the Train Station. Below are pictures from Kyoto and our the Bullet train stations, closing my Japan posts as the rest of the images have been featured or mentioned in previous posts.


Japan 2009-279

_MG_4211

Japan 2009-278

Japan 2009-277

Japan 2009-276

Japan 2009-271Japan 2009-268

One of the things that I was particularly happy about during this trip was that I picked up an eye for little details. Shooting with a Mentor and many other experienced photographers was certainly an experience I would like to repeat as I believe my creative insight and photographic eye improved tenfold. A trend which I have noticed improving since my Japan Trip.

Japan 2009-213

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also...