Portfolio

For those interested in simply viewing a portfolio of my work it is now located on the home page; http://www.sbalaniphotography.com

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bangkok

Yaaaay! Bangkok pics. While I didnt get the oportunity to shoot as many as I would have liked (meh), mostly because the lack of a workable camera had something to do with it,  I did manage to get one or two pics I'm relatively happy with. Although I would have garnered at the oportunity to shoot all weekend in and out. 


I found Bangkok to be a particularly thriving city, much more impressive than Manila, which to be honest surprised me. They are light years ahead of the philippines, particularly in infrastructure, safety and government. Yet in other things they surprisingly fall behind, such as the locals inability to speak and comprehend a descent amount of english, despite the previous English occupation (in comparison in the Philippines its not difficult at all to find english speaking locals. However Thai roads, supermarkets and a foreigners ability to safely use a taxi are unsermountably much better than here I'm sorry to say. The city itself was a plethora of visual candy, buildings telling unsermountable ammounts of stories and showing a personality that just had me itching to yank the next tourists camera off his neck to start shooting. The touches of english Imperalism coupled with the countrys strong budhist and local history and architecture melded together to create a dynamic, almost patchworked city where one street could be the equivalent of oxford street in london, only to turn a corner and find a shady alley filled with prostitutes and pimps. Very interesting. Very dynamic. I must go back and shoot, once I have saved enough, and gotten my wide lens and a second flash. The oportunities to shoot are simply endless. 

Anywais I'll leave you with a few of my fave pics from the weekend. As usual the whole set can be found here

Bangkok-42
Bangkok-30
Bangkok-24
Bangkok-23
Bangkok-16
Bangkok-15

1 comment:

Adam said...

Some Very nice stuff, as per usual, Mister Balani! Quite surprised however, that the converter of my blog to wordpress has not done so yet himself, hmmmmm?