Portfolio

For those interested in simply viewing a portfolio of my work it is now located on the home page; http://www.sbalaniphotography.com

Monday, December 28, 2009

The Golden Pavilion, Japan (Roukon-Ji)

The Rokuon - ji Temple was originally built as a villa by Ashikaga Yoshimitsu, who had taken possession of a mountain villa of Saionji Temple in 1397. It was converted into a temple after Yoshimitsu's death. Officially named Rokuonji Temple, this temple is famous both in Japan and abroad as a symbol of Kitayama culture. The Kinkaku, or "Golden Pavilion," was built as the Shariden. Covered with gold, the image of the pavilion, which stands at the edge of Kyokochi pond, is reflected in the water. Major repair work performed in 1987 has further enhanced its brilliance.


it was a real Joy to shoot this magnificent temple. Kept in these serene grounds its certainly a breathtaking sight, enough to even compete with the original golden temple in India.


Enjoy the photos.

P.S If anyone can tell me how I can mantain my colours during export it would be much appreciate it. I've been told that the best formula is to shoot in AdobeRGB (since it gives me the most flexibility for print and web), and then in Lighroom during export to export to sRGB which will mantain my colours but making them websafe. I've noticed that they become slightly washed out when I upload them onto flickr. If anyone could help me remedy this it would be much appreciated

Japan 2009-357



Japan 2009-347Japan 2009-341

Japan 2009-353

Japan 2009-342


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff thanx :)