Portfolio

For those interested in simply viewing a portfolio of my work it is now located on the home page; http://www.sbalaniphotography.com

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Birthday Post!

Hey gang!

Looks like I've just completed another year in the making which leads up to a grand total of 22 years! Huzzah and boy has it been a busy set of weeks. Coupled with a tussle with a bear (a.k.a car accident) and having my arm restricted to a sling, a spiritual conference I attended over the weekend, and a couple of nights out to celebrate my birthday I am absolutely exhausted! Turns out I have managed to slighly dislocate my clavicle bone but not enough to warrant any action, so till it heals I have restricted movement in my arm. In other words I wont be shooting much... at least not till I head off to Japan when I'll go absulutely nuts.

If I havent said so already, I'm leaving for Japan on Monday to attend a course done by the Mentor program with Joe Mcnally (whose book I am excitedly reading), and I'm very excited to see what this will bring. Those who know me know I love all things Japan, and that coupled with tutoring from my fave photographer Joe Mcnally, well this can only be described as photographic heaven for me.

Another exciting aspect to the trip is that since its run by Nikon, the Director has graciously offered to lend me a D300 with a 17-55 and Fisheye Lens which I am excited to compare to what my D40 can do since I've been considering for a while now to make the Jump into Nikons waters.

Gasp you must be saying my fellow Canon users! Well I can only justify myself in saying that although Canon glass is better, this is only true of the L range, which I am a distance away from beeing able to moderately afford, and my specialty lies therein not in exceptionally good glass, but in exceptionally good flash, something which Canon fails to aptly deliver in its flash system, from what I've experienced so far. So hopefully this little experiment will allow me to compare the pictures produced by the two cameras when I'm not working with flash as I wont have any SB's on me.

And so to finally end my rant, here be a few pics i dug up from my archives and recently uploaded for you all to enjoy, as I know its the only thing you people come here for.

IMG_0747

IMG_3514

IMG_3563

Kuch Kuch Pyar Hai Wedding Shot 1

No comments: