Portfolio

For those interested in simply viewing a portfolio of my work it is now located on the home page; http://www.sbalaniphotography.com

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Manila Bay


Manila Bay Boat_HDR
Originally uploaded by sbalani

And so here it is, the blog post of the week. Not that I have much to post about these days, however thats something i hope to change...soon. It seems I may have an impending buyer from my camera extracting shrilling screams of joy from my masculine voicebox. I am just that step closer to a D300 and flash goodness. Oh all the things I have planned....I hope not to dissapoint. Anywho this picture is from my previous trek with my D40, when I went off to Manila Bay! Much to my surprise it was quite a pleaseant walk-about adn with the sun just starting to set created a virtue of oportunities to shoot all sorts of things.....if only I had flash xD.

Anywho this was at around 5PM with probably the best setting sun I was going to get as the sun was promptly setting, and whilst it created a nice sillhouwhette I felt the picture told more of a story and drama if it were properly exposed. Without the aid of a tripod or an able fash system I was forced to handheld a series of shots and pray for photoshop to do its thing. And as always, it delivered in beautifull HDR my rendition of this Image. However it doesnt end there. I DID manage to get some nicer sillouwhettes of when the sun was a bit higher and more orangy, especially closeups which I am quite happy with. Something to reassure me that as I await my new toy my skill has little but deteriorated. My biggest fear. Hopefully I will be able to quell such fears and resume shooting on a weekly basis once I get my equipment in order but for now I leave you this lovely picture to enjoy . And if you're lucky There may be a second post this week. If not! see you next week!


oh and as usual the rest of the pics from manila bay can be found hencewith:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbalani/sets/72157622384859460/

or by simply clicking on the image.