Portfolio

For those interested in simply viewing a portfolio of my work it is now located on the home page; http://www.sbalaniphotography.com

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Nara (Japan)

Nara was another of my fave locations to shoot during my trip to Japan (although in all honesty I dont think there was a single thing that wasnt my fave to shoot! lol)

Another of Japan's glorious traditional and ancient temples, Nara was particularly special because of the roaming Deer! (and the Giant Budha statue inside the temple). The young deer were easily found roaming around the temple grounds and about as afraid of humans as an average American afraid of a burger! They had no qualms in approaching visitors, and some even cheeky enough to poke around in pockets for anything edible. A large reason for this is that the temple allows and even encourages the feeding of these young fawn by selling panckakes on which they feast on. With an ample and easily accessible supply of food these little animals have little to fear, and even less to want outside the temple grounds.


They are however incredibly bad models as getting them to stay still AND look where you wanted them too was a difficult task indeed! I was able to help my mentor get an able image with one of the deer, however it was rather less responsive when I got behind the lens. Anywais enough yabbering. Enjoy!

Japan 2009-324Japan 2009-325Japan 2009-326Japan 2009-321

The Intricate Details of the Temple were Incredible!

Japan 2009-319

As I mentioned the deer were more than happy to come and say Hi!

Japan 2009-314

Inside the temple I was lucky enough to see this woman being photographed by her husband. however whilst he might have been attempting to get her lit with his flash, I was more interested in the sillouette she was creating

Japan 2009-312

This is one of my fave images of the trip! This father was teaching his child to salute...just like the giant Budha!

Japan 2009-310

Although this isnt the giant budha of the temple this little one in children's clothing was quite amusing ( I was unfortunately unable to get a clear Image of the giant one in the temple)

Japan 2009-311

The Temple

Japan 2009-304

Schoolchildren comming to visit the temple (I love the uniforms!)

Japan 2009-307

In Japan before entering sacred grounds its customary to was your hands and mouth with these as a sign of cleansing.

No comments: