Portfolio

For those interested in simply viewing a portfolio of my work it is now located on the home page; http://www.sbalaniphotography.com

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Newer, Bigger, Badder and Better than ever before!

Thats Right Folks! Regular blogging is back! Some of you may know I recently made a trip to Bangkok, and although the shooting oportunities were in fact endless, much to my dismay I was unable to take full advantage of them. However not all is failed! This trip to Bangkok did produce a lovely piece of fruit! I am now the proud and happy owner of a brand new Nikon D300! After much hunting, searching, shop scouring and painfull feet, I finally found a new boxed Nikon D300 in Pantip Plaza in Bangkok. with it I purchased a 50mm f1.8 lens and a sigma 70-300. Neither lenses being particularly my first choice, I was expecting the kind of quality images from when I first began shooting, however I am quite pleased to say both lenses have impressed me thoroughly. despite not having good range on the wide end of photography I never realised how much fun the 50mm is. Aditionally the 70-300 has also continued to impress me, it may not be as lovely as my 70-200 f2.8, but it certainly pulls its weight, especially in macro. My only issue with it perhaps is its focusing engine, as its a little slow, loud and imprecise, especially when macro is involved the depth of field is so small I often have to switch to manual, which without a tripod can be quite painfull to shoot.



[Bangkok pics still under processing will be up soon :)]

Aditionally Yesterday upon my return from Bangkok I was also able to purchase the first nikon flash of my kit! A brand spankin new SB 900, which I promptly put to use blinding my cousin and aunt with lots of pics :D. My aunt was also doing some baking in the kitchen, so thus I took the oportunity to use my flash and a difusser panel to do some food photography. I should note, being an excited doofus I forgot to reduce my ISO to 200 after doing some shooting in low light, so I beg eternal forgiveness for the noisy images, however at 1600 Nikon has delivered and with no photoshop involved the noise levels are quite minimal. Especially when viewed at these sizes. Anywho I shall stop rambling on, and allow you to enjoy the images. :D
My New Kit :D
say hi to the new kit! :D
new Cam-4new Cam-5
new Cam-7
new Cam-14
new Cam-12

Oh Yes! also, with my new camera I have vigorously gotten back into the daily photochallenges! to keep up with that you can click here!


On a final note, I have oficially begun a rebuild of the blog. December is coming up and What a beter time to launch a new blog than in the New Year. Seems only fitting, New camera, new gear, new passion, new direction, new site, so the only thing missing is a new blog....I will be attempting to incorporate my daily photochallenges into the new blog aswell, so you guys can get everything in one spot!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Hitesh Sawlani said...

Dunno, you keep promising regular updates but you
keep failing to deliver :p

btw check the bottom right hand side
of my blog, below the archives!

Anonymous said...

[COLOR="Red"][B]Click on the pictures to view in full size[/B][/COLOR]

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=12779][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/media/32/Asin-80.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=7237][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/media/32/Asin-71.jpg[/IMG][/URL]


[url=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/cat-Asin-32.htm][b]Asin Hot Wallpapers[/b][/url]

Photo gallery at t WallpaperHungama.in is dedicated to Asin Pictures. Click on the thumbnails into enlarged Asin pictures, personal photographs and exclusive photos. Also validate discernible other Pictures Gallery representing High distinction and Momentous Resolution appearance scans, silver screen captures, moving picture promos, wallpapers, hollywood & bollywood pictures, photos of actresses and celebrities