Portfolio

For those interested in simply viewing a portfolio of my work it is now located on the home page; http://www.sbalaniphotography.com

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Manhattan Skyline


Manhattan Skyline
Originally uploaded by sbalani

So after a long absence travelling, working and whatnot, i'm back. I'm currently involved in various projects, and as usual my attempts to be a daily blogger (which is actually harder than it seems)

As I mentioned I have recently been travelling around, but for the most part Its been in the USA. This year I had the oportunity to visit New York, and Los Angeles for the first time, which I of course loved, and cherished every opportunity to work on my photography.

New York was an incredible city to visit. It certainly surpassed all of my own expectations of what the city would look like or be. You see so much of New York in the movies, magazines, Times Square, etc. But its still always that much more when you see it in person. Ive always thought it would be a city similar to that of london, and in some ways it is. And yet so Incredibly different

Family

What I particularly liked about New York was the gridlocked system of the streets making it easy and quick to move around, yet at the same time it creates a certain confusion as to which way you have to head. In Comparison, London or almost any European city for that matter is usually just a mess of streets and lane's giving one a completely differnet experience making it that much easier to get lost and find interesting little nooks and crannies.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Told you that you would enjoy ;)